Recent Comments

Searching...
Friday 5 April 2013

Windows 8 Quiet Audio or App

10:32:00


Today I was listening to my usual chill-wave last.fm stream and noticed that the music was a lot quieter than if I played a song through the Windows 8 Music app.

The solution was the same as in Windows 7, but I thought I'd cover it here anyway.

If you click on the speaker in the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen you will see this:
This is the volume control, I'm sure you're familiar with it. If you right click on the speaker you will get this menu instead:
Now go to 'Open Volume Mixer'. You now have control of the volumes of separate applications, which could be useful in a a myriad of situations. For me it just allowed the continued blasting of chillwave in my new room (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment